Legal Services Program
DESCRIPTION OF BENEFITS:
To provide you and your eligible family members with legal referrals to top-rated legal professionals.
- Legal – Each member is entitled to one (1) initial thirty-minute office or telephone consultation per separate legal matter at no cost with a network attorney. In the event that you wish to retain a participating attorney after the initial consultation, you will be provided with a preferred rate reduction of 25% from the attorney’s normal hourly rate. Virtually all types of legal matters are eligible for these services.
- 24 Hour Emergency Services – In the event being jailed or arrested, members will have access to legal providers during after- hours and weekends. Members will be assisted with non-emergency issues next business day and during normal hours of operation.
- Mediation – Each member is entitled to one (1) initial thirty-minute office or telephone consultation per separate legal matter at no cost with a network mediator. In the event that the member wishes to retain a participating mediator after the initial consultation, they will be provided with a preferred rate reduction of 25% from the mediator’s normal hourly rate. Typical matters may include divorce & child custody, contractual & consumer disputes, real estate & landlord tenant, car accidents & insurance disputes, etc.
- Website – Each member shall be provided with unlimited access to the UBS Premium Web Site and its services which include legal information and state specific fillable legal forms.
The examples of services available to members:
- Civil / Consumer Issues
This category includes issues relating to retail transactions, warranty and other consumer products matters, issues relating to governmental entitlements and benefits, advice on small claims court and other general legal matters.
- Personal / Family Legal Services
These services include adoption and guardianship, custody and support matters, divorce, separation and annulment issues, name changes as well as other domestic or family law issues.
- Financial Matters
Members are entitled to bankruptcy representation and defense of lending related legal issues by appropriately qualified attorneys.
- Real Estate
Real estate services include assistance in the acquisition or sale of real property, lease and rental agreements, property boundary disputes and other matters surrounding personal real property.
- Criminal Matters
These services include the defense of both misdemeanor as well as felony criminal acts of all kinds.
- IRS Matters This service assists the member in their negotiation with the IRS, whether in an audit environment or to assist them with a lien or a balance due, in order to affect the most favorable outcome.
- Estate Planning Law
UBS has secured relationships with estate planning law firms that have agreed to prepare the most popular of estate planning/asset preservation vehicles at prices as low as 25% off usual fees. These services include Wills, Revocable Living Trusts, Charitable Trusts, etc.
- Immigration and Naturalization
This category of services includes, green cards, U.S. citizenship, work and student visas, family based immigration, deportation and removal defense, INS and immigration court appeals, asylum and many immigration issues.
Matters involving disputes or actions between members and their employer, UBS or its plan sponsors, agents or their officers, directors or employees are specifically excluded from eligibility of this plan. Also excluded are matters that, in the attorney’s opinion, lack merit. Court costs, filing fees and fines are the responsibility of the member.
How to use:
Hotline: dial 800-541-9701
Or access the forms library at: http://www.clcmembers.com/index.cfm?uid=110F166A-997C-0F26-8B5B344D205EEB15